ABA members who are interested in this subject might want to join:
The Civil Rights Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association (ABA) Section of Litigation has formed a Second Amendment Subcommittee.
Subcommittee Goals/Objectives & Ways You Can Get Involved.
• Case/Law Updates: If you hear of a Second Amendment-related case decision or major development in Second Amendment law, send us a write-up about it. Your update will be emailed to the subcommittee’s membership and posted on the Civil Rights Committee page. These updates do not need to be long. You can do them case brief style or more like an opinion piece.
• Conference Calls & Events: The Subcommittee plans to hold conference calls every 2-3 months or so to discuss the current status of Second Amendment Jurisprudence and recent developments. Additionally, the subcommittee plans to be represented at relevant events (e.g., ABA conferences, etc.).
• Increased Membership: Another goal of the subcommittee is increased membership. If you have not done so already, please join the ABA and the Section of Litigation Civil Rights Committee officially. We would like to be able to show the ABA that there is a great interest in Second Amendment civil rights. We encourage everyone to join and spread the word to anyone who is interested in the Second Amendment or supporting civil rights in general! …
• JOIN! Again, it is important to have increased membership for the subcommittee. The more members that the subcommittee has officially, the more likely the subcommittee is to remain next year, and the year after that, etc. Eventually, we would like the subcommittee to become a full-fledged committee.
• CONTACT [SUBCOMMITTEE CHAIR BOBBIE] ROSS TO PARTICIPATE. If you are interested in participating in any of the aforementioned ways, and/or have any questions or need any more information, please contact Ms. Ross.