Canonist reports, apropos NYU's closing of the Mohammed cartoons event to off-campus visitors:
UPDATE: A notice just went out over the AP that the event tonight is closed to the press. I called FIRE to ask what happened, and they said that NYU was closing the event to anyone who didn't register before noon yesterday. That is essentially shutting out the press, as in all likelihood few even heard of the event until yesterday afternoon. As anyone covering the City knows, even an appearance by Bill Clinton requires a pre-registration of at most a few hours.
Related Posts (on one page):
- Message from the NYU Provost About the Mohammed Cartoons Matter:
- How True!
- NYU President Sexton on Academic Freedom:
- We Are All Danes Now, Continued:
- NYU's Explanation of Its Actions:
- NYU Violated Its Own Expressed Policies in the Cartoon Case:
- Latest NYU Panel Development:
- NYU Mohammed Cartoons Event Effectively Closed to the Press:
- Seemingly Troubling Behavior from NYU: