An article in The Arts on Wednesday about an essay titled "'Progressive' Jewish Thought and the New Anti-Semitism" on the Web site of the American Jewish Committee referred incorrectly to the committee. Its stance on issues ranges across the political spectrum; it is not "conservative."
Well, that's better, and given that the AJC identifies itself as "centrist," it's about all we can expect. But don't be fooled, as Ilya pointed out previously, the AJC's stance on issues does not "range across the political spectrum"; it is consistently mainstream liberal, including on Israel-related matters.
Related Posts (on one page):
- N.Y. Times Issues Correcton re American Jewish Committee:
- A Peculiar Use of "Anti-Semitism":
- Another Strange Use of Language in the Times's Article on the AJC Study:
- The New York Times and the "Conservative" American Jewish Committee:
- Leftist Jews Who Hate Israel: