DC Circuit Strikes Down DC Gun Law Under the 2nd Amendment:
This morning the D.C. Circuit handed down a decision endorsing the individual rights view of the Second Amendment and striking down the District of Columbia's broad gun ban. The opinion in Parker v. District of Columbia is here. The majority opinion was by Judge Silberman; Judge Henderson dissented. I'll probably post more commentary as I read the opinion, and no doubt other bloggers here will be weighing in, but for now I wanted to just point out the decision. Thanks to Howard for the link.
All Related Posts (on one page) | Some Related Posts:
- Symposium on Parker:
- A Dissenting View on Parker:
- Levy Cheers D.C. Circuit Gun Ruling:...
- Timetable on Supreme Court Review of the Second Amendment Case, and the Presidential Election:
- D.C. Circuit Accepts Individual Rights View of the Second Amendment,
- DC Circuit Strikes Down DC Gun Law Under the 2nd Amendment: