My friend Greg Lipper suggests that some of you may be interested in this marriage equality event in D.C., Marriage Equality: What can we expect from the Supreme Court and beyond?. The panelists are:
- The Honorable John M. Ferren, Senior Judge, District of Columbia Court of Appeals, Moderator
- Paul M. Smith, Jenner & Block (counsel in two successful challenges to DOMA in the lower courts; argued Lawrence v. Texas)
- Matthew D. McGill, Gibson Dunn & Crutcher (counsel for parties challenging Proposition 8 in the Supreme Court)
- Christopher J. Wright, Wiltshire & Grannis (Supreme Court practitioner and expert on jurisdictional issues)
- Dominic F. Perella, Hogan Lovells (author of amicus brief for the Anti-Defamation League and 18 other religious organizations)
- Mary Helen Wimberly, Hogan Lovells (author of amicus brief for the Organization of American Historians and American Studies Association)
The event is tomorrow (Wednesday April 10), at the offices of Hogan Lovells LLP, 555 13th St. NW. Click here if you’re interested.