I was driving to work today and heard the great old song "Dancin' in the Moonlight" by the band King Harvest (had to look that up on the Internet). Which got me to thinking--what are the 10 best songs by relatively obscure bands? I'm looking for the tunes that have slipped through the cracks in my cd collection--songs that are fun, not really one-hit wonders but are still fun to listen to after many years.
Here's my partial list, in no particular order (yeah, I know some of them are kind of corny): 1. "Dancin' in the Moonlight" by King Harvest
2. "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" by Looking Glass
3. "Stuck in the Middle with You" by Stealers Wheel
4. "Go All the Way" by The Raspberries
5. "Sunshine" by Jonathan Edwards
6. "Green-Eyed Lady" by Sugarloaf
I'm still trying to decide whether "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas makes the cut.
Wow--what a great list of suggestions! Here's my completely arbitrary final 4 rounding out the top 10 list:
7. "One Toke Over the Line," by Brewer & Shipley
8. "Ride Captain Ride," by Blues Image
9. "Incense & Peppermints," by Strawberry Alarm Clock
10. "Still the One" by Orleans
Spirit in the Sky
Build Me Up Buttercup
"Love the One Your With" (great song, but Stephen Stills not quite obscure enough, i.e., I didn't have to look up who sand the song)
As good as "Kung Fu Fighting" is, I'm not sure its quite up to par with the others.