To put that in even more perspective, GM's market value is now roughly equivalent to that of tax-preparation provider H&R Block or toy maker Mattel.
Even more humbling for the auto maker, GM's value is now:
• Half that of cosmetics company Avon
• A third of cruise operator Carnival Cruiselines
• A quarter of Internet media company Yahoo!
• A fifth of online auction house Ebay
• A sixth of retailer Home Depot
• A seventh of biotech firm Amgen's league
• An eighth of drugstore chain CVS
• A ninth of fast-food giant McDonald's
More on GM's market cap.—